DEKTON IS A SOPHISTICATED BLEND OF THE RAW MATERIALS USED TO PRODUCE THE VERY LATEST IN GLASS AND PORCELAIN AS WELL AS THE HIGHEST QUALITY QUARTZ WORK SURFACES.
Dekton employs exclusive Sinterized Particle Technology, a high tech process which represents an accelerated version of the metamorphic change that natural stone undergoes when subjected to high temperatures and pressure over thousands of years.
- Dekton is highly resistant to ultra violet (UV) light and will not fade or degrade over time making it perfect for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Dekton is the most scratch resistant surface on the market and while the slip of a knife won’t damage Dekton, cutting boards are still recommended to protect your household utensils.
- While other surfaces are stain resistant, Dekton is completely Stain Proof. Even the most stubborn stains like wine, coffee, markers and rust can easily be removed from the surface. Since Dekton has extremely low porosity and contains no resins, it is chemical resistant. Drips or splashes of common household chemicals like bleach, drain cleaners or oven degreasers won’t harm Dekton.
- Dekton withstands high temperatures without burning, scorching or cracking. Hot Pots and Appliances like Crock Pots can be placed directly on the surface with no worry of damage.
- Dekton is even more resistant to abrasion than granite making it the ideal surface for commercial applications and high traffic areas such as flooring. While other surfaces show wear over time, Dekton’s finish will last for the life of the product and never needs to be re-surfaced or re-finished.
- Dekton is non-porous and never needs to be sealed. It naturally prevents liquids and gasses from penetrating the surface, making it a low maintenance surface that is easier to clean.
- The manufacturing process used to make Dekton allows us control the pigmentation and decoration of the material giving better color consistency from slab to slab and resulting in a long lasting product that will not fade over time. The surface you install today will maintain the same new appearance for the life of the product.
- Dekton is very consistent in both dimension and thickness throughout slab which minimizes the need for field corrections and allows for easy installation.
- Dekton is a noncombustible material and withstands high temperatures without burning, scroching or cracking.